Sunday, January 3, 2016

Are you looking for happiness?

Get chickens!



Our four little gals are laying!  One is not...although, I haven't discovered which one isn't.  I guess I really don't want to know, as I suspect it is the older girl who was an escapee from a truck that rolled through Newmarket on its way to the slaughterhouse.  I had been in Newmarket the day before I received a frantic call from my niece saying that she had tackled a chicken that was running in the Tim Horton's parking lot!  I had seen that huge truck packed full of these pitiful creatures,and I like to think that one escaped that fateful day.

They said that she was an old bird, but a month after she came to stay, she laid an egg...and continued to do so for many months.  Her eggs were huge, but eventually the shell became very thin, and her laying stopped.  I think she has earned her stay on this plane.  

The other gals are laying three eggs a day.  This is our bounty this week.



Nana has an Easter egg hunt every day!

I'm happy!

2 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful eggs Wendy. Wishing you God's Choicest Blessings for the New Year.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julia! Wishing you the very same!!

      Delete