Monday, December 14, 2015

Blogging and working...and retiring!

I let my blog go .  I let many things go.  I just found that I was unable to do anything except work and sleep over the past several months, but I have thought about my blog, and what I would write...and the blogs that I used to visit...often.  I haven't lifted a paintbrush, and quit all the lessons I was taking.  I lost contact with the friends I made while putting paint on paper.  This led me to a decision that was made after much thought, and that is, that I am retiring this April.

I enjoy nursing, and I have enjoyed my pay check, but I can no longer keep up the demands of working a 12 hour night shift.

I miss my family.  I miss my friends, and I miss my blogging buddies.  I want to spend time with my dad  who has been patiently waiting for me to retire.

The thought of retiring is scary, however.  Will I be able to make ends meet?  Will I be able to keep myself involved? Is this the beginning of the end...or a new beginning?

Regardless of any apprehension that I have, I am leaving nursing....and I will be leaving in April.  

I wanted to wish anyone who might stop by this blog, a very Merry Christmas!  May your homes be blessed with Peace, and love, and good health!  

I leave again, (hoping to return in April), with a picture of my grandson on Santa's lap.  I hope it makes you smile, as it made me smile!




2 comments:

  1. Hi, Wendy. I didn't realize you were going through all this, and more I'm sure. Positive thoughts and hugs coming to you from the east. And yes, the picture with Santa did make me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on retirement. Trust me, retirement will be busy. Have a good Christmas.

    ReplyDelete