Monday, February 4, 2013

Winterlude 2013

We journeyed to Ottawa this weekend where we met up with my son, his wife and our two grandchildren. A good time was had by all!

So much work goes into preparing for this winter festival! We stayed in Gatineau, and walked to a park that was geared towards the kiddies. A huge snow hill was created and ice slides were carved into its side. I decided to watch rather than participate...this time. Actually, there were no seniors on that mountain, and that helped me to make my decision to plant my feet firmly on the snow covered ground. On all, there were three snow/ice hills in this area, with very long lineups! It was a very popular spot.

We decided to stay inside and "thaw" for the evening. A pizza was in order.

The next morning we travelled back to the Ontario side where we brunched and then visited the ice carving exhibit. Carvers from all over the world enter this exhibit. The entrants seemed less than in our visit three years ago, but the artwork was amazing!

All in all, it was a wonderful weekend. I'm glad to be back, however. There really is no place like home, familiarity, and routine. That in itself, is the material for another post. Till then, enjoy the pictures of Winterlude 2013!

















2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great event to attend. I can't see why you wouldn't just kill to go down the ice slides?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha! Not on your life! Well...I have to admit that I did think about it....

      Delete