Friday, February 8, 2013

Is It Just the Day??

I happened onto the news network this morning. I try to limit my exposure as I find the reported news to be terrible disheartening. This morning I ventured into that unfamiliar territory...lured by a picture that promised an interesting read. From there I drifted from one headline to the next until I wanted to vomit.

Do you ever wonder how many times it has been said, "What is this world coming to?"

The story that really upset me was the killing of care providers in Nigeria who were administering polio vaccines. The story reports that in Nigeria there is a fear of these vaccinations as several years ago, a group administering meningitis vaccinations administered a serum that was responsible for the deaths of many children . Who would you blame for that?

There is always somebody who profits from the sale of these medications...rich, greedy corporations who care little about quality.

And then there are those...volunteer workers whose profit only by feeling as if they are making a small difference in the lives of others.

Our doctor at work is heading to Africa this summer. It could have been her I read about this morning.

Everywhere there are stories of violence....deceit....corruption...dishonesty...and crimes of unfathomable horror.

Is there a solution? I'm not sure. What I do know, is that we are in a state of unrest and discontent...and that is the beginning of change. Collectively we are saying "ENOUGH!"

I have a proposal..... Put women into every governing seat. Men have had their turn, and have botched every opportunity. Why women ? The answer is simple. What woman wants to send her son off to war? What women wants to see the extermination of 1000s of men, women and children for the sole purpose of profit? What women would choose wars and killing over peaceful negotiation? What woman would want to see her child suffer needlessly with diseases like polio...or Aids? What woman wants her child or grandchildren to inherit a planet that has been raped and beaten so badly for profit....so that the air is no longer clean....the weather is harsh and unpredictable...and our natural resources are depleted?

Not this nana. I want a different world for these little people. Hopefully...one day...things will be better. I can only dream, hope, pray, "Imagine" and do whatever I can.....in whatever small way.

2 comments:

  1. We definitely have some major improvements to make. Right now our governments have been bought by large corporations. Yes I know men! Yes we need more women to make a balance.
    So are you running for some office? I'm not being smart about it . Women Have to be encouraged and supported to run for office.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are 7 sweet and perfect reasons to have a better world now!

    ReplyDelete