Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Another Great Day!

While I did not find the time to paint, I got so much accomplished. Our pellet supply is again stocked, and it is comforting to know that we will be warm for the next 10 days or so. Have I told you that I LOVE my pellet stove? Well I do! We heat our home on less than 6 dollars a day. Our source of fuel is clean and bug-free and does not have to be chopped and split! We recycle the plastic bags that the pellets come in by taking them to my daughter's home in Muskoka where they have an excellent recycling program.

I pulled out our Jack Lalanne juicer that we bought several years ago and have had fun using up the produce in my fridge that was threatening to walk to the compost bin. Wayne and I shared two glasses of juice that contained broccoli, carrots, celery, beets, and apples. At the grocery store I visited their discounted produce rack and got some healthy deals on fruit!

I'm excited that tomorrow and Friday are free and that I can get back at this portrait. I guess as none of my family read my blog, I can tell you that it is a painting of my grandson at the Beach. As the theme of the Women's Art Show is "Reflections," I chose to enter this painting, because I see myself when I look at it... little girl playing on the beach at Grimsby where MY nana took us (my brother and I) every day when we stayed with her. These were some of the happiest days of my life...and in my grandson I see the reflection of myself as a little girl spending the day with my grandmother.

And so...another great day under my belt! The sun is shining. All is well!

3 comments:

  1. I wish more people would make their own food and then make care use of it. Today I saw a case of tomatoes thrown out in the store. I hope it was maybe going to a homeless shelter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Red! We are trying our best to get away from processed food. I usually can peaches and dill pickles. This year I plan on doing more. I am excited about our garden and orchard plans. I hate waste...so our juicer will be getting a workout!

      Delete
  2. M-m-m-m homemade juice! It's so good. I did a 10 day juice fast last winter and felt wonderful. The only down side was cleaning the juicer 3 or 4 times a day. lol ...and chewing...I missed chewing.

    I can't wait to see the finished painting of your grand son.

    ReplyDelete