Thursday, March 22, 2018

It's hard to believe that I retired two years ago. I don't recall what my plans for my retirement were, but it matters not, for "The best laid plans o Mice and Men gang aft agley!"

Today, I make no plans. I focus on the job at hand, and capture fleeting moments of unclaimed time to paint or tidy or finish projects started a long time ago.

As I age, so does my beloved dad. Thirty years separate us. I just turned 67 and he will be 97 this summer. His health has begun to fail, necessitating more frequent visits and help with every day chores. Yes...he still lives on his own, and is a remarkable fellow.

Dad has expressed his wish to stay in his own home. Both my brother and I will do all we can to help him realize his goal. We are just starting the process of bringing in help. It is similar to walking through a maze and feels a little overwhelming.

This fellow is worth it. He is really loved. It is a privilege to care for him.

Image. Double tap this image to view it full screen. Double tap and hold to show sharing options.

No comments:

Post a Comment